Christ Centered Art Show
April 22-23, 2017
The Christ Centered Art Show is an arts event which includes a broad based experience with Christian focused Fine Arts, Performance and Interactive Arts, Musical, Theatrical, Historical and Scholarly presentations. We look forward to your participation in this spiritually uplifting, juried event and thank you ahead of time for directing your art focus to the specified theme.
The theme for the 2017 Christ Centered Art Show is “Beatitudes”, Matthew 5:1-12. Beatitudes: "Blessed are the..", the disciples sat at Jesus' feet as a curious crowd listens in. "Poor in spirit, those who mourn, the merciful..." Followers of Christ are blessed beyond measure. And, as John Piper says, "The beatitudes also contain an implicit invitation to become this kind of person."
Christ Centered Art invites Christian artists to study and meditate on Matthew chapter 5:1-12 in order to create original pieces of art that bring these characteristics to form, the gifts of heaven to color for today's world.
April 12th 2017 - Entry Forms and Art Descriptions due
Fill out Entry Form and Art Description on-line below.
If mailing Entry Form (Look to the left of this page to download), send to Trinity Church att: Merril Smoak with a 50 words or less Art Description.
April 19th Wednesday, from 4-6pm - Art Delivered to Trinity Church
Art work will be accepted at the main entrance to Building A.
April 21st Friday, from 4-6pm - Pick up of non-selected art
Art works juried, selected and shown will be representative of this year's particular theme.
April 22-23 Saturday and Sunday - Event Weekend
May 31st Wednesday, from 4-6pm - Art pick-up
The show will be moved to the Livermore Library-Civic
Center (1188 S. Livermore Avenue) for the month of May.
On-Line Entry Form
Guidelines for Art Work submission:
- Art is to be created within the last year and based upon this year’s theme.
- Presentation: All hanging art work should be wired. Paintings must be dry.
- Trinity Church is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of artworks and reserves the right to photograph art for publicity purposes.
- Art work is not for sale at this event. We will not be accepting promotional information on the artists themselves.
- An Art Description is 50 words or less relating artwork to event theme.