Did you know that you were designed for a unique purpose? Trinity is the church that it is today because of the time, commitment and effort of people who want to serve God – people just like you! Whether a paid staff member or a volunteer ministry leader, serving is an opportunity to take significant steps in your spiritual journey. God has designed each of us to make a difference in the lives of others. You are uniquely designed to serve Him in ways that no one else can and your service plays an important part in helping both you and the church become all that God intends.
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.” 1 Peter 4:10 (ESV)
“From whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.” Ephesians 4:16 (ESV)
If you are interested in one of these positions, contact Pastor Bill Craig by completing this form.
Accountable to: Pastor
Position: Full-Time Salary Paid Staff (40+ hours a week)
Best Personality Traits: Servant, Compassionate, Discreet, Dependable, Driven, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Humble
Passion For: Supporting the Pastor, ministering to teenagers, young adults and families, serving the church and community.
Trinity Church is a healthy, excited, growing multi-generational church in Livermore, CA. We are a gospel centered church with a mission to see people find, live and share a new life in Christ.
Overview of Trinity:
- Estimated Attendance: 300+ and growing
- Worship Style: Contemporary Multi Generational worship.
- Snapshot of Heritage: We are in a season of God doing NEW things and preparing for those NEW plans. We love families and desire to see God change the culture we are living in through the example and life of godly families. We are financially healthy. We have two Sunday morning services with small groups offered during both services. We have a growing children’s program that has just launched a new curriculum with strong teams. Our Student ministry has 30-40 students and a strong parent/volunteer base and student-council led ministry structure where the adult leaders and pastors work with the council to accomplish ministry together as a team. Trinity is located in a fast growing city on the edge of the the silicon valley coveted for its family friendly community, beautiful parks, vineyards and close proximity to San Francisco and San Jose. You couldn't ask to live in a better place
PURPOSE OF FAMILY PASTOR:
The Family Pastor will lead students (6th-12th grades), Provide direction to (K-6), young adults and families to help them assimilate and serve. You will also pastor these groups to spiritual restoration and growth with the gospel. You will help the Pastor as a team member, and also provide leadership, development, and direction for family ministries and volunteer teams as it relates to the vision of Trinity Church. You will be the vision crafter of a Crib to College vision and ministry philosophy.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Be a mature, committed follower of Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Maintain a vibrant faith and love relationship with Christ through personal Bible study, prayer, service, and self-discipline.
- Have an understanding of who you are in Christ and what your purpose is.
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with pastor, staff, and volunteers.
- Possess a teachable attitude and desire to be a lifelong learner.
- Must be a team player and work well with others toward a common vision.
- Exhibit a responsible professionalism evidenced by a conscientious work ethic, a well-groomed appearance, a stable mood, passionate eye toward detail, a caring heart toward those entrusted to your care, and willingness to be accountable.
- Be a faithful tither, Trinity Church member and person of integrity.
- Set an example of character and live a life above reproach in personal and public lifestyle in accordance with the qualifications of a qualified elder in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Seek out personal training and growth opportunities.
- Participate in public services, church outreach, and missions in the community and beyond.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- University and seminary trained (or equivalent).
- Be a leader with evident anointing and calling to youth, young adult and family ministry.
- Creative and motivational.
- Trained in youth, young adult and family ministry.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a full-time ministry position or the equivalent.
- Experience in recruiting, equipping, and maintaining volunteer leaders to minister to youth, young adults and families.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- A passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Musical ability and experience strongly preferred.
- Currently holds credentials. Licensed or Ordained preferred with an aligned denomination or church, but does not doctrinally conflict with Trinity’s statement of faith, or the Southern Baptist Convention
- Be a team player with a loving concern for the whole church, having a good rapport with all generations.
- Model servant-leadership in the way he relates to the staff and the Pastor.
- Desire to bear “much fruit” and have the mindset to continually improve ministry to families.
- Possess leadership, administrative and organizational abilities.
- Competency with technology, web and social media.
- Oversee and lead all student ministry (6th-12 grade), and young adult ministry, including services, discipleship, and evangelism events.
- Work with the Trinity Kid’s (TK) Team and be responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of students, equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their students.
- Work with the Connections Specialist to enlist and train adult volunteers.
- Supervise and mentor ministry interns.
- Integrate youth, young adults and families to fulfill the calling God has on their lives today - in their community and schools, on their teams and with their friends in the bigger church body and ministries.
- Mentor disciplers and lead students and young adults to imitate Jesus and influence the world with the gospel.
- Conduct adult volunteer screening interviews to recruit the right people to serve in student and young adult ministry.
- Attend monthly team and facilitator meeting for Trinity Student Ministry (TSM) and TK.
- Support the vision of the Pastor centered around the gospel of the cross.
- Assist in handling emergency situations as appropriate.
- Preach, teach, and serve on the programming and planning teams as appropriate.
- Support the Pastor in carrying out the ministry of the church, and help as needed with administrative tasks, special projects/services/events/missions.
- Provide limited counseling and continued spiritual direction.
- Be involved in outreach and visitation.
- Maintain excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with church leadership, staff, volunteers and congregation.
See more about Trinity on this website, Facebook, and Instagram.
Financial / Human Resources Clerk
The Human Resource /Financial Clerk (Payroll) at Trinity Church is responsible for working with church staff to plan and execute human resources plans and processes; works with Ministry leaders to give a clear and concise snapshot of finances and compliance with tax and employment laws.
The functions include benefits, payroll, personnel files, and ensure compliance with tax and employment laws and regulations. Primary contact with banks and electronic giving service provider. Manages Insurances processes including open enrollment.
To apply, you must be committed to making Trinity your church home, the place where you worship and serve.
Immediate Supervisor: Pastor
Position: Part time Salary Paid Staff (20) hours a week
- HR experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and serve well in partnership with other ministry leaders utilizing highly developed interpersonal communication (written and verbal), business acumen and leadership skills
- Understands business processes and key internal/external relationships
- Must be competent in administering the payroll process through coordination with Payroll service
- Ability to master the unique tax benefits available to the pastoral staff, e.g. housing allowance
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles
- Understands applicable labor laws and key principles of employee relations
- Demonstrated competence in computer Office Suite software
- Submit to a background checks
- Must have a commitment to confidentiality
- Ensure that HR administration and payroll processes accomplished on time with a high degree of accuracy
- Facilitate employee benefits program
- Prepare reports for and provide requested information for audits and ministry teams and committees (monthly budget reports, journal entries, etc)
- Prepare all tax and employment forms (employee, state, federal and nonprofit)
- Foster working relationships with vendors and industry experts
- Assist pastoral staff to implement effective change management and communication to ensure that organizational changes have a positive impact on both the employee and church
- Partner with leadership and employees to maintain Trinity’s desired culture and vision and lead by example through shared core values
- Implement two-way communication to keep employees informed and involved about church and HR processes and other matters which impact them
- Manage handling of electronic donations and matching funds
- Coordinate insurance requirements and claims, including Workers Compensation processes
- Prepare and maintain contracts for facility usage
- Facilitate employee communication,
- Actively promote care for employees’ safety and well-being
- Perform clerical duties as needed
- Support Personnel Committee as needed.
Reports to: Pastor
Position: Part time Salary Paid Staff (20) hours a week
The Connections Specialist is responsible for connecting people into Trinity Church including implementing connection processes, managing the church assimilation strategy, and assisting ministry teams with their volunteer management and the systems that they use to track overall volunteer participation. Successful candidate will be a servant, compassionate, discreet, dependable, driven, enthusiastic, flexible, humble, and a problem solver.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Pastor by providing training to volunteers and on a church-wide basis, help visitors get plugged into Trinity Church (TC) through membership, groups and service
- Develop and maintain a system to track membership and participation
- Promote membership covenant within Trinity to increase attendance in membership classes each quarter
- Assist the Pastor and deacons with coordinating the logistics involved with teaching a “Next Steps” class and covenant process through room requests, sound requests, arranging for chairs to be set up and enlist volunteers, etc.
- Prepare people for new member interviews
- Set up new member interview and tracking system
- Track members’ service and outreach performance
- Assist ministry teams with implementation and problem-solving, managing databases for attendance, registration, etc.
- Promote multiple venues for people to assimilate to Trinity Church (ie. Small Groups, family functions, etc.)
- Clerical duties as necessary
- Additional duties as needed
Work with our Small Group leadership team to:
- Ensure that people who sign up for small groups are placed in a timely manner
- Produce marketing pieces to support small group enrollment as needed
- Track small group enrollment and retention
Work with ministry leaders and the Pastor to:
- Implement a system to centralize volunteer management
- Ensure all volunteers are contacted in a timely manner
- Track volunteer retention rate
- Develop and implement a volunteer “exit Interview” process
- Produce monthly reports showing why volunteers no longer serve
- Develop and maintain a system to check in with volunteers at set intervals
- Monitor volunteers to ensure they are “healthy” and not burning out
Skills and Abilities:
- A thorough knowledge of English and arithmetic, and general office methods, procedures and practices
- The ability to plan, develop, and manage multiple projects
- The ability to read and write effectively
- The ability to use independent judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Strong organizational skills
- Detailed oriented
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience
- The ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Computer proficiency with speed and accurate data input skills
- Proficiency with Office Suite
- Proficiency with Shelby Next or equivalent database management experience
- Ability of leading volunteer teams or willing to learn
- Servant, Compassionate, Discreet, Dependable, Driven, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Humble, Problem Solver
Education and/or Experience: Two or more years college education preferred Minimum of five years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FIRST IMPRESSIONS LEADER: This volunteer position requires a person who can organize Sunday volunteers, have a heart to meet and greet all members and visitors, have a servant heart, and help lead this wonderful team.
HOSPITALITY LEADER: Do you consider yourself an organizer? This person will come in and help monitor use of kitchen supplies, prepare the order to replace used supplies, help keep both kitchens clean and operational.
MISSIONS LEADER: Do you have a love for missions? We are currently looking for someone to help prepare our church for the mission field, bring up ideas of areas of missions, help us to reach our community and the world with the Gospel.
PRAYER MINISTRY: We need a leader who can organize and uplift our church in prayer. We have several groups and individuals praying for Trinity and our members. We need a special prayer warrior who will lead us and work with the groups praying.
PUBLICITY LEAD: We need someone who can get our contact information special events, and ministries out to the community so they know who Trinity is and what we are doing.
RECREATION LEAD: Are you athletic? Do you enjoy exercise? We need someone to bring some movement to our church and encourage us to get healthy and to move as a church.
PRESCHOOL TEACHER: We are in need of one or two preschool teachers. If you love preschoolers and are willing to be here each week to work with our preschoolers, we need you.
CHILDREN TEACHER: We still need 2 –3 children teachers each Sunday. Will you step up to teach our children weekly?
MONEY COUNTERS: Monday morning we have a group of dedicated volunteers prepare the deposit for the bank. Do you enjoy working in a small group to accomplish the task. Do you like numbers and balancing amounts? Are you available to come and help? If so let the office know to sign you up.
Can you step up and volunteer in one of these areas?
If you will just Say Yes, contact Pastor Bill or the church office at 447-1848. Don’t wait, we need you today!