Did you know that you were designed for a unique purpose? Trinity is the church that it is today because of the time, commitment and effort of people who want to serve God – people just like you! Whether a paid staff member or a volunteer ministry leader, serving is an opportunity to take significant steps in your spiritual journey. God has designed each of us to make a difference in the lives of others. You are uniquely designed to serve Him in ways that no one else can and your service plays an important part in helping both you and the church become all that God intends.
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.” 1 Peter 4:10 (ESV)
“From whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.” Ephesians 4:16 (ESV)
Accountable to: Pastor
Position: Full-Time Salary Paid Staff (40+ hours a week)
Best Personality Traits: Servant, Compassionate, Discreet, Dependable, Driven, Enthusiastic, Flexible, Humble
Passion For: Supporting the Pastor, ministering to teenagers, young adults and families, serving the church and community.
Trinity Church is a healthy, excited, growing multi-generational church in Livermore, CA. We are a gospel centered church with a mission to see people find, live and share a new life in Christ.
Overview of Trinity:
- Estimated Attendance: 300+ and growing
- Worship Style: Contemporary Multi Generational worship.
- Snapshot of Heritage: We are in a season of God doing NEW things and preparing for those NEW plans. We love families and desire to see God change the culture we are living in through the example and life of godly families. We are financially healthy. We have two Sunday morning services with small groups offered during both services. We have a growing children’s program that has just launched a new curriculum with strong teams. Our Student ministry has 30-40 students and a strong parent/volunteer base and student-council led ministry structure where the adult leaders and pastors work with the council to accomplish ministry together as a team. Trinity is located in a fast growing city on the edge of the the silicon valley coveted for its family friendly community, beautiful parks, vineyards and close proximity to San Francisco and San Jose. You couldn't ask to live in a better place
PURPOSE OF FAMILY PASTOR:
The Family Pastor will lead students (6th-12th grades), Provide direction to (K-6), young adults and families to help them assimilate and serve. You will also pastor these groups to spiritual restoration and growth with the gospel. You will help the Pastor as a team member, and also provide leadership, development, and direction for family ministries and volunteer teams as it relates to the vision of Trinity Church. You will be the vision crafter of a Crib to College vision and ministry philosophy.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Be a mature, committed follower of Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Maintain a vibrant faith and love relationship with Christ through personal Bible study, prayer, service, and self-discipline.
- Have an understanding of who you are in Christ and what your purpose is.
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with pastor, staff, and volunteers.
- Possess a teachable attitude and desire to be a lifelong learner.
- Must be a team player and work well with others toward a common vision.
- Exhibit a responsible professionalism evidenced by a conscientious work ethic, a well-groomed appearance, a stable mood, passionate eye toward detail, a caring heart toward those entrusted to your care, and willingness to be accountable.
- Be a faithful tither, Trinity Church member and person of integrity.
- Set an example of character and live a life above reproach in personal and public lifestyle in accordance with the qualifications of a qualified elder in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Seek out personal training and growth opportunities.
- Participate in public services, church outreach, and missions in the community and beyond.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- University and seminary trained (or equivalent).
- Be a leader with evident anointing and calling to youth, young adult and family ministry.
- Creative and motivational.
- Trained in youth, young adult and family ministry.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a full-time ministry position or the equivalent.
- Experience in recruiting, equipping, and maintaining volunteer leaders to minister to youth, young adults and families.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- A passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Musical ability and experience strongly preferred.
- Currently holds credentials. Licensed or Ordained preferred with an aligned denomination or church, but does not doctrinally conflict with Trinity’s statement of faith, or the Southern Baptist Convention
- Be a team player with a loving concern for the whole church, having a good rapport with all generations.
- Model servant-leadership in the way he relates to the staff and the Pastor.
- Desire to bear “much fruit” and have the mindset to continually improve ministry to families.
- Possess leadership, administrative and organizational abilities.
- Competency with technology, web and social media.
- Oversee and lead all student ministry (6th-12 grade), and young adult ministry, including services, discipleship, and evangelism events.
- Work with the Trinity Kid’s (TK) Team and be responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of students, equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their students.
- Work with the Connections Specialist to enlist and train adult volunteers.
- Supervise and mentor ministry interns.
- Integrate youth, young adults and families to fulfill the calling God has on their lives today - in their community and schools, on their teams and with their friends in the bigger church body and ministries.
- Mentor disciplers and lead students and young adults to imitate Jesus and influence the world with the gospel.
- Conduct adult volunteer screening interviews to recruit the right people to serve in student and young adult ministry.
- Attend monthly team and facilitator meeting for Trinity Student Ministry (TSM) and TK.
- Support the vision of the Pastor centered around the gospel of the cross.
- Assist in handling emergency situations as appropriate.
- Preach, teach, and serve on the programming and planning teams as appropriate.
- Support the Pastor in carrying out the ministry of the church, and help as needed with administrative tasks, special projects/services/events/missions.
- Provide limited counseling and continued spiritual direction.
- Be involved in outreach and visitation.
- Maintain excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with church leadership, staff, volunteers and congregation.
See more about Trinity on this website, Facebook, and Instagram.
FIRST IMPRESSIONS LEADER: This volunteer position requires a person who can organize Sunday volunteers, have a heart to meet and greet all members and visitors, have a servant heart, and help lead this wonderful team.
HOSPITALITY LEADER: Do you consider yourself an organizer? This person will come in and help monitor use of kitchen supplies, prepare the order to replace used supplies, help keep both kitchens clean and operational.
MISSIONS LEADER: Do you have a love for missions? We are currently looking for someone to help prepare our church for the mission field, bring up ideas of areas of missions, help us to reach our community and the world with the Gospel.
PRAYER MINISTRY: We need a leader who can organize and uplift our church in prayer. We have several groups and individuals praying for Trinity and our members. We need a special prayer warrior who will lead us and work with the groups praying.
PUBLICITY LEAD: We need someone who can get our contact information special events, and ministries out to the community so they know who Trinity is and what we are doing.
RECREATION LEAD: Are you athletic? Do you enjoy exercise? We need someone to bring some movement to our church and encourage us to get healthy and to move as a church.
PRESCHOOL TEACHER: We are in need of one or two preschool teachers. If you love preschoolers and are willing to be here each week to work with our preschoolers, we need you.
CHILDREN TEACHER: We still need 2 –3 children teachers each Sunday. Will you step up to teach our children weekly?
MONEY COUNTERS: Monday morning we have a group of dedicated volunteers prepare the deposit for the bank. Do you enjoy working in a small group to accomplish the task. Do you like numbers and balancing amounts? Are you available to come and help? If so let the office know to sign you up.
Can you step up and volunteer in one of these areas?
If you will just Say Yes, contact Pastor Bill or the church office at 447-1848. Don’t wait, we need you today!